Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

HIPHOPNEWS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HIPHOPNEWS > Topics

Subject: Alb*m reviews
Replies: 96 Views: 6165
6-<< 2-<

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:23:08
My next review is of Ludacris' alb*m titled Release Therapy. For those who don't have it yet heres my opinion of it. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:38:35
Though he's known more for his clever punch lines and bombastic choruses, Ludacris manages to deliver social commentary with equal skill. Despite his newfound deeper perspective, Luda hasn't lost touch with his party-animal persona. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:40:15
Ludacris still manages to hold his own on this hot album. It's a must have fores . I give it 4 out of 5. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:42:26
My next review is Birdman and Lil Waynes new alb*m titled Like father like son. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:45:26
During the late '90s, Cash Money Records was on top of the world. With a stable of platinum sellers and dozens of chart-topping hits, it seemed nothing could stop the New Orleans based label's reign. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:49:18
Longtime beatsmith Mannie Fresh is replaced by industry veteren T-Mix, who handles a bulk of production and provides ample amounts of heat for Baby and Wayne to ball on. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:06:55
With solid production, Like father like son is worth checking out and if your a fan of these two rappers you will like this album. I give it 4 out of 5. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:08:25
This review im about to do is about Xzibit's new alb*m called Full Circle. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:12:12
During the course oe the past 10 years, Xzibit has seen his career seesaw between purgatory and popularity. While his first two albums moved less than 200,000 copies, X's later collaborations with Dr.Dre produced 2000's platinum seller Restless and 2002's *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:15:28
..gold disc Man vs Machine. Despite the increase in sales, through, critics felt the lyrical titan had lost some of his luster.hosting MTV's pimp my ride didn't help matters much. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:18:31
As 2004's Weapons of Mass Destruction failed to crack the 300,000 mark. Now back to square one, Mr.X-to- the-Z returns with the aptly titled Full Circle. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:22:14
While X's lyrical beast remains intact throughout, his only flaw here is the occasionally spotty production. Primary contributor Jelly Roll is to blame for the scattered synthswand organs of 'the whole world.' *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:25:20
But he manages to bounce back admirably on the B-Real- assisted 'rollin', as he spits, Esculation, elevation to another plateau/ sometimes you take a few steps back to mentally grow.' *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:27:07
Judging by Full Circle, Xzibit is finally done backpedaling. I give this 4 out of 5. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:28:24
This review is chingys new alb*m titled Hoodstar. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:31:00
This is a very poor alb*m and even his fans will be dissapointed by this boring album. I give it 2 out of 5. It wasn't really worth reviewing its that bad. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:32:40
This next review is about Hi-Tek's new alb*m titled Hi-Technology 2. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:35:17
Producers moonlighting as rapper are nothing new. So it came as no suprise when Hi-Tek released his critically acclaimed debut, Hi-Technology, in 2001. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 6:39:12
All i have to say is that this man is good at his work. If your a fan of Tek you will like this joint. Production is great and the rhymes are tight. I give this alb*m 4 out of 5. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:10:38
This next review is on Snoop Dogg's new alb*m titled Tha Blue Carpet Treatment. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:15:28
The once edgy Doggfather has been favoring the Neptunes' soft core over Dr.Dre's Cali funk. True Pharrell and Chad aren't solely to blame. But in all honestly, would Murder Was The Case-era Snoop ever made an alb*m as watered down as 2004's RnG: The *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:19:25
Masterpiece? The Long Beach, Calif., native's name is now identifiable everywhere, from Mary Jane ciphers to soccer mom gatherings. Not that such accessibility is negative. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:25:19
When you're a 'dogg,' however, you're a dogg for life. So with his eighth album, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, Snoop's lyrical fire seems resurrected, as he delivers arguably his most consistently scorching work post-Doggystyle. For proof, look no further *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:29:48
Than 'Vato,' the tense Neptunes-tracked first single. Bypassing the club, Snonp weaves a message-filled yarn of Black-and-Brown unity, a topic quite taboo for Left Coast Thugs. Free of an anthemic hook, and given the heart-pounding efffct of unexpectedly *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:46:30
Dark keyboards and snares from the 'Tunes, it's enough to make Snoop's skeptics drop misconceptions like they're hot. Just a fluke? girl, please. The West Coast OG lets his mind spray throughout a wide range of topical prose. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:52:22
' ing 101,' Earthquakelike claps and nightmarish keys power the Crip's menacing color-blind duet with Cali youngblood TheGame, which is produced by Snoop and Terrance Martin. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 8:58:05
Just when Snoop seems worthy of flawless praise, on comes the questionably Ne-Yo-heavy 'Put This Thang On You.' over puny acoustics, this slow jam debacle relegates Dogg to merely half a half assed verse ('The mood is smooth, the price is right/ i got *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:02:08
A sweet in the street, we can shake it all night'). Once this blue carpet is all rolled up, though, so are any doubts of Snoop's musical gangster. I must say it's quite a step up from his last album. I give this 4 out of 5. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:04:48
My next review is Jim Jones' new alb*m titled Hustler's P.O.M.E. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:09:12
With his famed Harlem swagger and hustler's mentality, Jim Jones is a key cog in the Dipset movement. Despite having two solid albums in his oft-overlooked catalog, Capo has never really gotten props as an artist. Armed with the biggest single of his *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:14:20
Career in 'We Fly High,' Jim puts the spoils of his newfound success on full display. He calls in Lil'Wayne and Stack Bundles to spend money like water on the strip club anthem 'Weather Man.' Jones switches gears slightly with the Santana-produced *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:19:17
'Sade Joint,' where he utilizes sound bytes from remorseful ex-convicts instead of a hook, before spittin', 'Ain't nothing fresher than my Nike Forces/Yeah, the blue and white forces/Is on our back like Christ's cross is.' after checking out this album *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:21:15
I came to one conclusion, it's a real top-notch Joint. I give it 4 out of 5 also. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:22:39
This next review is on AZ's new alb*m titled The Format. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:26:24
Despite always dropping intellectually charged street parables, AZ has yet to garner any significant commercial success. Long respected for the lyrical work he's put in over the years, the hiphop veteran continues on the independent grind with his sixth *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:30:29
Studio album, The Format. The layout is familiar-dense couplets and soulful soundbeds-this go round, which has its merits, but also plenty of liabilities. On the resounding opening track, 'I Am the Truth,' AZ explains his mission to save the streets. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:35:58
Over regal horns and swelling strings, courtesy of M.O.P.'s Lil'Fame, he spits, 'Soul music, so intense, so live/ it's no excuses, y'all been so deprived.' Then the usually relaxed Sosa gets amped for 'Sit 'Em Back Slow.' his raucous collabo with the *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:39:51
Mash Out Posse that's supported by a diced-up sample of Rick James' 'Mary Jane.' The disc's climax, however, comes courtesy of the Little Brother-guested 'Rise and Fall,' which features a particulary acute verse from Phonte. *

locokid 12/11/2006 - 9:43:29
The album's engine stalls from there. I guess AZ should really do more on the production side of things after all what could go wrong with doing so. I give it a 3 out of 5. *

aquaheat 13.04.08 - 08:26am
Today i'm reviewing 2pacalypse Now done by 2pac
This is 2pac's debut album. It includes songs like Brenda's gotta Baby, Young Black Male, Trapped and many more. It consists of 13 tracks. This is not his best album, but if you're a 2pac die hard fan, then you most probably should buy this. The beats are usually looped and there's not much variance. But the lyrical content is great as always, and tells you a story through.
I'd rate this alb*m a 7.4/10 *

aquaheat 13.04.08 - 08:26am
Today i'm reviewing 2pacalypse Now done by 2pac
This is 2pac's debut album. It includes songs like Brenda's gotta Baby, Young Black Male, Trapped and many more. It consists of 13 tracks. This is not his best album, but if you're a 2pac die hard fan, then you most probably should buy this. The beats are usually looped and there's not much variance. But the lyrical content is great as always, and tells you a story through.
I'd rate this alb*m a 7.4/10 *

aquaheat 13.04.08 - 08:33am
My next review is ''Curtis'' by 50 Cent. Hmmm, well this is 50's latest release. But its not his best. It's like he's not put 100 percent into this album! The lyrical content is weak, really weak. The beats are great, but some are just ''not gangsta enough''. If you have listened to songs like ''Back Down'' and ''What up Gangsta'' or ''Heat'' the beat is totally gangsta, and the lyrical content is great. But this new alb*m lacks. Its not a must buy. It features songs like ''Ayo Technology'', ''I Get Money'', ''My Gun Go Off'' and ''Fire''. I'd rate this alb*m a poor 5/10 *

aquaheat 13.04.08 - 08:42am
This review is on the album: Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
This an awesome album. It's eminem's 2nd official album. There's not a single track in this alb*m i'd skip. I'd listen to this whole album, from track 1 till track 18 without pressing the Skip b*tton. The albums beats and lyrical content are of a high grade. This is a MUST BUY album. If you don't have it yet, buy it now. It includes tracks such as: The Real Slim Shady, The Way I Am, Criminal, Kill You, and Many More. Every song is a must listen to. For everybody. I've bought this alb*m in 2000 and i'm still listening to it. I'd definately rate this alb*m a 10/10 The_Marshall_Mathers_LP.jpg *

aquaheat 13.04.08 - 08:57am
Album: The Chronic
Artist: Dr. Dre
Year: 1992
Singles: With Dre Day
Nothin But a G Thang
Other Artists: Snoop Dogg, Kurrupt, RBX
Cover: Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg
The Chronic, there isn't much more that needs to be said about this album, bottom line, it is one of the most influential albums in the genera. This is gansta music at it's best, in it's original form. This was the alb*m that got things moving in a big way and propelled the genera to the next level. This is entertainment at its best nothing more nothing less.
This alb*m is the ultimate combination of great beats and quality lyrics. The lyrics while nothing special actually fit Dre's style (funkadelic) so much better than anything else that you can't think of much anything to change to make it better. But the beats, well the beats....they are just some of the smoothest going
I'd rate it a 8.6/10 *

6-<< 2-<

* HIPHOPNEWS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HIPHOPNEWS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search