Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

HIPHOPNEWS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HIPHOPNEWS > Topics

Subject: Alb*m reviews
Replies: 96 Views: 6164
1-> 7->>

locokid 7/7/2006 - 3:10:39
This is the spot to come to when you want to find out which alb*m is worth getting and what tracks are going to be classic. Keep checking here to find more info. Thanks everyone *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 6:51:14
Ok my 1st review for this topic will be obie trices new alb*m SECOND ROUNDS ON ME. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 6:59:03
Well i got to say from the get go i have not been much of a fan of obies music but on this alb*m he touchs on whats been going on in detroit. Also the production is quite good but his word play is just not as good as what he can do, its like he aint trying and is missing the hunger of wanting to spit fire and it just has not what his fans want or need. It feels rushed, but if your a die hard obie fan go get this as you may think its what you been waiting for. I give it 3 out of 5. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:01:23
My next review is tha dogg pound alb*m titled CALI IS ACTIVE. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:08:54
I had mix feelings about this album, my thoughts were do these guys still have what it takes like back in the days or have the fallen in to the trap of the whole bling an whips an like that. Well straight up these guys held it down lyrically but didnt have that vibe from like what they were back in that 90s era of the classic hiphop. Snoop only appeared on a few tracks and having david banner on the alb*m wasnt a good move. But daz and kurupt did there thing and held it down lyrical style for LA and showd the cali movement was still active. I give it 4 out of 5 *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:10:18
Ok the next is shawnna an her alb*m titled BLOCK MUSIC. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:17:30
Straight off the get go it had that DTP feel when it came to beats and guest apperance was fairly pridictable theres lil wayne, ludacris, field mobb, and newcomer shareefa also bobby valentino. Her 1st alb*m WORTH THE WEIGHT hardly made a dent on sound scan sales but maybe this time she got what it has. The production was good and some crazy beats on a few tracks and with the help from the other people on the alb*m may get her props for once. 3 and a half out of 5. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:19:41
Next alb*m is by yung joc, alb*m titled NEW JOC CITY. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:24:52
This guy yung joc from atlanta has got some skills he get really rip up when under pressure to bring out some ill rhymes. Also T.I. Makes an apperance and so dose big duke and jody breeze, but he needs to step his flows up and then maybe he will have what it takes to be a good rapper. This aint as good as i thought it would be. 3 out of 5. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:27:13
This next dude you have all heard before at one time or another, dj khaled alb*m titled LISTENNN THE ALBUM. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:34:42
Dj khaled gathered a cluster of stars for this joint, although rappers dont typically bring there A game to the studio for compilation apperances, this florida dj manages to coerce a few winning performances. It has apperances by kanye west, the game and blackwall street, also bone thugs and twista, nas, lil wayne, trick daddy, pit bull, rick ross, and also has cool n dre doing some production. While khaleds debut dosent always boost his A an R rep, its still worth a good listennn. 4 out of 5. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:39:19
These next dudes from the dirty south have something to prove on their new alb*m titled LIGHT POLES AND PINE TREES by field mob. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:44:18
field mob have come along way with this joint. I havent heard much of their music but when i heard this i was impressd at what these guys could do lyrically and the beats were pretty good i asure you. They have apperance by ciara and production by jazze pha, an a few other people drop by on the album. Its worth checking out for sure i give it 4 out of 5. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:45:43
Rhymefest alb*m titled BLUE COLLAR is the next review. *

locokid 7/26/2006 - 7:49:45
This guy has some clever punch lines and has some good production work from cool and dre also ronson and has just-blaze to help with beats to. It seems this guy has tried go commercial on a few tracks but all in all great alb*m 4 out of 5. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 1:48:24
The alb*m by pimp C titled pimpalation is what im checking out atm and this is what i thought of it. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 1:53:14
This cd is a follow up and the soundtrack for the dvd that took you inside the life of pimp C as he gets his life back together after his release from jail. The pimpalation dvd showed pimp c celebrating his release an in the studio working on music with a host of other rappers including scarface lil flip young jeezy z-ro lil webbie an of course bun b. This is some good tunes and if your a fan of the pimp him self then get this alb*m i must say its real good and is better then his last album. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 1:54:55
Inspectah deck alb*m titled Resident patient is what i just checkd out the other day an heres what i thought of it. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 2:00:55
Wu tangs inspectah deck is the legendary swordswinger from the killa hill projects of shaolin aka staten island. He is one of the fiercest warriors of the wu an has ever known an always makes the most of mic time. Known for spot blowing apperances on all of the wu tangs albums as well as epic collaborations with gangstarr and pete rock, deck has earned a spot in the hiphop hall of fame with this new banger Resident Patient. This alb*m complete with lethal lyricism from his new affiliates house gang and features from wu tang pioneers RZA U God carlton fisk. Great alb*m got that classic wu feeling about it. Got to give 4 out of 5. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 2:02:02
Oh and i give 4 out of 5 for pimp c an his album. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 2:03:28
Next alb*m is JR writers History in the making. *

locokid 7/31/2006 - 2:07:46
The youngest member of the dipset crew, his skills far exceed his 21 years of age hes held it down in battles and underground mixtapes with the diplomats since the age of 16, expect big things to come from this guy as he is already heating up the airwaves with the blazen single Grill Them which along with this past winters birdcall from funkmaster flexs car show tour. Good alb*m worth checking out 3 out of 5. *

locokid 9/8/2006 - 1:27:20
The album's opening line says it all: 'one thing's for sure: you will get called a girl.' if you're offended by that, you best turn back now. But if your female and dont mind being called a girl or being considerd as a girl you this cd is for you. On the opening track alone, the oakland legend says the b word 108 times. But if you are a straight up fan of too shorts you will love this alb*m its he's usual pimping rhymes and therefore lacks some real hiphop quality but you be the judge and listen to it first. There is 16 tracks in total and the production is good and his rhymes are fairly good. I give it 4 out of 5. *

locokid 9/8/2006 - 1:35:32
Young dro's alb*m built his buzz off one song, his lead-off track. Young dro's lead-off single 'shoulder lean' combines bass infused southern bounce with witty one-liners. Dro displays some lyrical prowess riding the beat correctly and stating memorable quotables like ' i take breath/ the opposite of primatene mist'. With aid from T.I. On the chorus, shoulder lean has club banger written all over it and its success on mainstream video shows co-signs that fact.the production quakes your speakers with bass, percussion and brass. Speaking of production jazze pha steps in to assit on some tracks and also slim thug drops by to spit some hot rhymes. I give it 4 out of 5 also. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 6:33:13
This next alb*m by The Roots titled Game Theory is my next review. Check it out. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 6:54:17
On every one of their albums, the Roots have continued to evolve and experiment with their sound. With tracks ranging from high velocity boast fests ('Here I Come') to spacey jams ('Living in a New World'), Game Theory is still a somber disc with a few bright spots. While Roots loyalists should be pleased with the end results, prospective new fans may be left wanting a little bit more. I give it 4 out of 5. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 6:56:03
Next alb*m i will review is J Dilla's alb*m titled The Shining. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:07:45
Known for his crisp snares and flavorful melodies, J Dilla carved out his own niche in the hiphop landscape by crafting hits for everyone from De La Soul to Busta Rhymes.while Jay Dee continues to successfully flex his lyrical muscle on the dreamy 'won't Do,' his best work still remains behind the boards. The gifted Midwesterner flips eerie synths and moody bass on the instrumental cut 'over the Breaks,' while knockn' drums Common helps refind his sense of direction ('I admit that i got strange/But i was raised/ i was like the Eiffel/Leanin' through life's cycle'). Black thought says it best best on the snappy 'Love Movin',' as he rhymes, 'My man Dilla do it without even tryin'/The greatest hiphop producer of all time.' i give this alb*m 4 out of 5 also. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:10:07
This next review is on Project Pats new alb*m titled Crook By The Book:The Fed Story. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:21:11
Bubbling on the Memphis underground for years, Project Pat first gained national exposure from his appearance on Three 6 Mafia's 2000 hit 'Sippin on Some Syrup.' the following year, Pat delivered a smash record of his own with 'ChickenHead,' which set the stage for his first platinum plaque. Crook By Da Book's saving grace, though, is the solid production provided exclusively by DJ Paul and Juicy J. Pat's obligation antirattin' cut, 'Tell,Tell,Tell (stop snitchn')' featuring Young Jeezy, Mr.Bigg and Lyfe Jennings, rises above clinche categorizations because of its haunting keys and bass. The same can be said of 'purple,' his codeine collabo with Beanie Sigel, which is supported by dark organ chords and plucky strings. Finding a firm balance between the gritty streets and radio spins, Pat proves that mista still don't play. I give it 3 out of 5. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:32:48
My next review is on the alb*m titled Can't Sell Dope Forever by Dead Prez and The Outlawz. *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:44:01
Due to their affiliation with 2pac during the height of the East Coast-West Coast beef, the Outlawz are known more for turmoil than activism. So word on their teaming with dead prez on Carn't Sell Dope Forever might evoke more than a few head scratches from fans. But the two crews manage to find a common goal on this conceptual disc, which valiantly tackles the abundance of drugs in their community. The bigger problem, however, is the fact that Carn't Sell Dope Forever sounds more lile a dp-led rally than a joint call to arms with the OutLawz. In fact, the Cali trio is absent altogether on four of the tracks, as outside guests push the L.A. Crew aside and bogart their way onto tracks or M-1 and stic fly solo. It isn't until the antiestablishment riot starter 'Thuggin on the Blokkk' and the folksy 'Fork in the Road' that 'Pac's homies get to deliver their own revolutionary but gangsta swagger. But all hope for the project's cohesiveness is lost as these instances are too few and far between. In the end, *

locokid 9/23/2006 - 7:45:25
It makes dp and the Outlawz's righteous message a tough sell. I give it 2 and a half out of 5. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:31:45
Cocaine cowboys. Police corruption. Shoot-outs on speed boats. Miami-dade county's dirty little secrets have made sensational entertainment and front-page news.bustling with boatloads of husky gangsta music, Ross' debut port of miami, officially lifts *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:37:36
The veil off his city. Drenched in sleezy keyboards and warped vocal samples, the alb*m is haunted by the ghosts of jan hammer's miami vicy score, providing the kind of overly dramatic bursts that double R's repetitive flow can easly bounce off you. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:42:17
While the runaway success of 'hustlin' could have positioned himself for a one hit wonder status,he confidently side steps this fate by delivering the goods with port of miami.i give it 4 out 5. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:44:13
The next alb*m i will review is Lloyd banks' alb*m called Rotten Apple. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:50:49
Even after his celebrated mixtape grind and platinum debut hunger for more,Lloyd banks is still an underdog.with tony yayo and mobb deep both failing to sell the million sold mark, the queen's N.Y., native is left to reestablish his crew. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 6:56:46
Despite notable apperances from 8 ball,scarface and young buck,the songs laffy taffy-esque hook is more follower than new york trendsetter. Ultimately, that winds up being banks' biggest problem. The track in question is called 'iceman'. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:01:24
Not falling far from 50 cent's platinum rooted tree, Rotten Apple is fertilized with potent doses of sonic strength and catchy hooks. But overall, it isn't the new massacre that'll shake new york hiphop down to its core. I give it 3 and a half. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:03:28
The next alb*m i will review is method mans 4:21...the day after. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:08:40
Perhaps Method Man jumped the gun back in 1998 when he named his sophmore set trical 2000: judgment day. The iron lung's moment of reckoning seems to be now.despite meth's lyrical strengths, some of his beat selections show signs of weakness. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:14:12
The Ticallion stallion regains his stride, though, when he reconnects with his fellow clansmen.the posthumous appearance of ODB on 'dirty mef' makes for a nostalgic duet, while Rza's downscaling synthesizers on the weed-scented '420' bring da ruckus. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:15:58
Over all it wasn't as good as i thought it would be. I give it 3 and a half out of 5. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:18:09
The next review is of bone thugs-n-harmony alb*m which is self titled. *

locokid 10/17/2006 - 7:21:23
This review is short and sweet for one reason, and that reason being that the alb*m is a pure flop. Sadly enough these guys have talent but talent is what this alb*m is lacking. I give it 2 out of 5. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:07:37
This review is about Clipse new alb*m titled hell hath no fury. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:11:06
Virginia beach's most famous brothers, Malice and Pusha T, were only teenagers when their hometown exploded from its built-up frustrations, but it's possible that the Clipse have learned the same lesson as Mistahchuck. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:15:21
At a time when most MCs are pressured to strategically churn out a cookie-cutterwalb*m every year for the fear of losing their spot, fury is street hiphop built to last.the forced sabbatical gave them ample time to painstakingly evaluate their musical.. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:19:24
..motivations. Avoding the extraneous guest appearances and the stepped-on pop confections of their debut (such as, Ma, i don't love her), the 12 carefully crafted tracks on Hell Hath No Fury are pure, uncut dope. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. *

locokid 11/8/2006 - 5:20:45
Over all this alb*m is fire. I give it 5 out of 5. *

1-> 7->>

* HIPHOPNEWS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HIPHOPNEWS

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search